Sunday, December 20, 2015

ONE-OF-A-KIND ARTIST BOOK
ABOUT ANTINOUS THE GAY GOD



ONE of our favorite artists has just released a one-of-a-kind book entitled "Antinous the Gay God."

New York artist CARMINE SANTANIELLO announced it today.

Closed it is 20 x 15 cm (8 x 6 inches) and it folds out to a width of 120 cm (48 inches).

Handmade archival papers are lithographed with chine colle and assembled into hard covered illustrated artist books with accordion folded pages.

Carmine says: "My recent works are mixed media monoprints utilizing urban images that I photograph are included in my art along with drawing through a printmaking process - Paper Lithography.

"I am greatly inspired by urban images such as graffiti, dripping/splattered paint, marred subway tiles, posted bills etc.

"To me I see them as intriguing environments that work so well to house my figures and portraits.

"For me, artistically as well as aesthetically the combination of the two creates an emotionally charged work of art.

"I also love the contrast of the beautiful male form in a somewhat abstract urban setting. The juxtaposition of the two - artistically as well as aesthetically - creates an emotionally charged work of art."

FOR PURCHASE INQUIRES PLEASE EMAIL:Carcs2@aol.com

To check out more images by Carmine: CLICK HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Thank so much for this wonderful posting about my artist book "Antinous: I am so honored that you have paid it such a beautiful compliment.
    Again thank you
    Carmine Santaniello

    ReplyDelete